Thursday, January 24, 2008

Focus...

I taking a photography class over at 2P's called 12 weeks to better photos. I started a bit late but it was not difficult to catch up. Here are the assignments for the last three weeks.

The first week was working in aperture priority mode.

Aperture 1.7
Aperture 4.0
Aperture 7.1

Week 2 was working in Shutter priority mode and adjusting the ISO setting. Using this mode you can blur or freeze action.

Shutter speed 1/80
Shutter speed 1/320
Shutter speed 1/1000

Week 3 is light settings.

Auto White Balance Setting
Tungsten Setting
Custom Setting
The class has been very helpful for me thus far. While these are all concepts that I know I don't use them often and I haven't practiced them much. So to go about it in an organized way with assignments and notes is very helpful. I've read the manual for my camera throughly several times but it's not the same as having some walk you through it with visuals! If you are interested in the class or just checking it out you can go HERE. This will take you to week three as well as several articles. You will need to do a little searching for the previous two weeks. Oh, and it's free!

Since I had the camera out the other night Morgan had me do a few photos for a powerpoint presentation he's working on. He needed some jicama shots. So he set up his scene and I did the photos. This is the one he chose to go with.
If you've never tried jicama it's very refreshing. It's texture is similar to an apple but pairs well with citrus fruits. Hence the clementine!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Your pics are awesome, Heather. I'm loving the 2Ps course too. :)

Hoping to get out and shoot some pics with the polarizing filter this weekend. Will post some and send you a link.

mborrero said...

Your photos turned OUT! Wow I had difficult on the custom white balance and your is Perfect .. kEEP ROCKIN IT OUT. i AM ADDING A LINK TO YOUR BLOG FROM MY BLOG under More Blogs I read. I hope you don't mind.
http://livingasalifeartist.blogspot.com

Melina

Noelia said...

Great photos you shared! Love the ones with the running tap water. Did you use a tripod for that? I will go check out the photo classes as soon as I get a chance, gotta love free stuff!
Is Jimaica the same as Asian pear? I love Asian pear oh wait, nevermind, I think that's moon sun...at least I think.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh rats, I haven't gotten over to Joanna's class yet, but it's play as you go, right, so I can still do it. I just haven't had time to so far.

Your photos are cool. Glad you are enjoying doing it.