Monday, March 19, 2007

Week 11...

This week's theme for the Deck of Me is "your initial". As you can see mine is an "h". For first and last, actually. I am one of those people who has two first names and therefore, cannot be trusted. Someone at the mortgage office told me this. Truth be told, he shouldn't be trusted either. And mostly because he's a broker!
The picture did not turn out too well of this card. I tweeked it in iPhoto a bit to get the colors to come out more correctly. But it just doesn't show the details too well. The stitching is gold rayon thread so it's shiny. And the alphabet paper is not nearly as washed out as it appears. The paper is all CTMH. I can't recall which kit.
This one didn't quite turn out as I had originally imagined. But this paper has been lying on the floor in my room for ages and I just love the colors in it. So I thought since tomorrow is spring that I would celebrate with these papers. I again used mostly scraps. Which I am trying to do with all my cards.

23 comments:

Emily Falconbridge said...

oooh so pretty and so much texture!

Unknown said...

Very nice, love the stitching on the H :)

jess said...

love how you've used patterned paper with the alphabet on it!! And i love how you've sewn your letter!! GREAT CARD

Marjolein said...

What a nice colours on the paper,and I like the stitching very much!

Noelia said...

LOL! I'm still laughing about
the 2 first names = cannot be trusted!
I have 2 first names AND 2 last names! LOL!
Well I used to have 2 last names but now I only go by my married last name which makes things a LOT simpler : )
Love your latest card creation, it's very happy and cheery. I look forward to your cards every week.

Jen said...

Love the colors! So nice and springy.

toners said...

Beautiful work :) Great job!

beth said...

very cool card. i like all of the stitching!

Anonymous said...

i love the colors and the stitching! very pretty! patty :-)

Melissa said...

super cute! love how you stitched around the big 'H'

and lol at not being able to trust you ;)

Anonymous said...

very pretty , sweet colours to

valerie said...

love this the fibres and the h words are so cute

Bonita Rose said...

love this heather, wow.. the colors are so spring!

Lynn said...

Absolutely wonderful Heather! I just love all the wonderful colors you have in there. Love the stitching around the Monogram "H"!

Anonymous said...

WOW soooo nice! Love it!

saffiertje said...

yes, you did a great job!

Amberley said...

beautiful!

Penny said...

I love how you sewed everything. It looks great!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Wow, so trendy & full of texture. I adore it, it fills me with thoughts of spring.

EquineSpirit said...

That is way cool! Good job!!

Maureen said...

Love your pretty card. Great colors

Karalenn Hippen said...

It's almost like quilt with the different layers and the cute stitching everywhere. The colors are so cheery. It's beautiful!! One of my favorites this week.

Debbie Doughty said...

Love the colors and the way you stitched the "H" to the card ;)
DD