Monday, December 08, 2008

It's a date...

Yesterday morning Morgan decided we should do something fun together, just the two of us. We don't do this all that often. When we do have time to ourselves, it's usually separately. We dropped Owen off at Morgan's brother's house to play with his cousin and we went to downtown St. Paul. We don't venture to many St. Paul places so it's more of an adventure for us than Minneapolis.

We ate lunch at the Great Waters Brewery and then went skating in Rice Park. They flood an area right outside the Landmark Center for skating. And if you have your own skates, it's free!

Here's the rink and the Landmark Center.
Morgan practicing his mad skating skills! He's only been skating for 2 years. I guess ice skating isn't a big sport in Nebraska.
A picture of us together.

Linus and Lucy by the park.
Squishy bear came too. This was outside one of the restaurants in the Hamm Building. I can't remember the name if it. We didn't eat here.
It was not a warm day! I don't know what the temp was but it was blustery and cold. My skates are nicely insulated and warm but my face was really cold and got numb.

After skating we went to check out the remodeled St. Paul central library. It's an amazing library with all kinds of modern stuff but in an old building with an old library feel. It's beautiful. Then we went to Dunn Bros. and sat by the fire to read the paper and sip cocoa and coffee. It was nice to spend a little time together just having fun and relaxing. Not working on house projects or catching up on our zzzz's!

This week is a busy week around here. I work today. Wednesday is O's last toddler class and I have to bring something for the mom potluck. Thursday is O's physiatrist check-up and my bookclub holiday party. I've also got to edit a photo for my boss to give as gifts and work on the New Year's card to send out to our clients. The house also needs to be cleaned and I still have decorating I want to do and a bunch of other little projects going on! No rest for the wicked!

3 comments:

Noelia said...

That's so nice that you got to spend time with Morgan and especially that you went skating. I would've shopped because I don't like skating hehehe
Nice pics and I like the one with squishy bear.

Benita said...

Looks like you both had a great time! I haven't ice skated in YEARS! Hope you have a great week, even with being so busy.

jillconyers said...

I love your post Heather! As life goes it is sometimes too easy for Chad and I to forget or just can't find time for the "It's a date" kind of things.

Looks like you guys had so much fun :)