Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Yes, asserting himself...

As Lee mentioned, and described very well, Owen is asserting himself. Well put Lee. I had not thought of it in this way. But it describes Owen pefectly. We've been getting a lot of "Owen do it" lately. I'm fine with Owen doing it. Whatever it is, for the most part. I'd like Owen to GO TO SLEEP! too. He is napping and we only read one book and he only hollered for me once. Which was satisfied by listening to some music. Tomato. Veggies. Which meant the Veggie Tales CD. Not my choice of napping music but whatever floats his napping boat. It must have worked because I haven't heard him in 15 minutes. I also put him down later in hopes that he would be good and tired. We've not been outside because of the rain and he is of course not dressed but he doesn't seem cold so I'm not going to fight it.

What do I do so we all survive this "assertiveness" training!?!

2 comments:

Lee said...

Wine?

My kids are now 12, 11, 9 and 8 and they are doing their 'job' well. They challenge me daily. Some days I deal with it better than others. All you can do is train yourself to enjoy it (as best you can) and let Owen know that you'll go along with it until you say/do something. Around here? I say "enough" and they all know at that point I'm done.

Good luck :) You're doing a great job, and clearly, so is he!

emily said...

"Tomato veggies!" I love it!