Friday, June 01, 2007

Happy June 1st!

The first official month of summer. I know, it's not summer yet, technically speaking. But summer starts this month. And for a teacher June is summer!

Today's 2P's challenge: With the summer beginning. Let's blog about something we are looking forward to happening.

Well, today something very exciting is happening that I am happy about! My friend Nikki and her husband close on their new house! New to them. AND the part that I'm happy about is they will be 4.5 miles from us! And since they are finished with school next Friday that means all kinds of fun summer stuff can be done with my girlfriends!

Nikki has agreed to be my buddy for The Summer 2007 Loser Challenge. This is a little challenge that Lori, Maggie and I came up with a couple years ago to help motivate us. It was very helpful in getting me in shape for pregnancy. Hopefully it will be just as helpful in getting me back in shape from being pregnant! And I decided I needed a buddy because I think it will be helpful to have someone to get some exercise with. Lori and Maggie live a ways away and are planning to walk in the am before summer school. They live fairly close together but 30 or so miles from me and Nik. And I'm not going to walk at 6 am in the morning!

Anyone else want to do the challenge!? We could have a virtual group too!

I'm also looking forward to taking a few small trips with Owen and Morgan. We are planning to take O camping. My mom will most likely be taking some vacation again so we will get to do something fun with her. Owen will be walking soon and that will be very exciting. And in July I'm going to Wisconsin for a girls weekend! With The Girls!! It's very exciting but bittersweet since I will be leaving O for a couple of nights. He will be fine with Morgan but it will be different!

I am not looking forward to hot, humid weather! MN can be crappy like that in the summer and I'm more of a spring/fall kind of girl!

On another note... I've posted this week's challenge on the Funky Photo Friday blog. Go check it out!

6 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

I love summertime... singing Kenny chesney as I write this.. lol GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME!

Noelia said...

I have started a Loser Challenge with my neighbour and friend too! We met this morning for an official meeting! It's a great way to encourage one another and have some kind of accountability ya know? It's so great that Nikki will be nearby! I also need a girlfriend's weekend getaway, Dan is away on a boy's weekend, lucky him! I'll go check out your photo challenge. Have a fantastic weekend!

Lynn said...

Congrats to your friend on the new house. That is exciting news. I think it is very helpful to have a workout partner. I enjoy having a partner, but they always quit on me. I don't know why. I do know that the one quit because she just couldn't do anything in the summer. Even at 6am. Thats the time she wanted to go walking this way it was cooler out. I didn't mind, but when you aren't going to make it and don't call me that's just pissing me off. Good luck with the workouts! I know you can do it. Girlfriends weekend sounds wonderful right about now. Hope you have a Wonderful weekend!

Kelly C said...

gotta love getting out of school!! Enjoy your summer!

Melissa said...

June is definitely the beginning of summer to me too-and yay for being out of school!!

I wanna know more about the challenge!-I have been on my own 'get healthy' kick for a couple months now and it would really be nice to have others to chat with. :)

Anonymous said...

wow, i'm so jealous, you're gettin' a girlfriend close by and she'll do the loser challenge with u! i'm crossing my fingers that the empty condo behind us will be rented out to a family that i have things in common with.
i go to curves and i go alone, i like it. i get in and out..no chit chat..well except with the trainers...
lynda