Thursday, July 12, 2007

1:45am...

Owen is in the midst of his nightly "fit". It started around 1 with some thrashing which eventually led to the screaming. During the thrashing and banging phase and went to the couch as our bed is on the other side of the wall from his crib and I can't sleep through anything noisy (I was already awake from listening to Morgan breathe). I turned on the furnace fan hoping a little air circulation and some more noise would help him back to sleep. I was wrong. I decided to let him cry because it doesn't seem to help when we go in anyway. We just end up driving him around for 45minutes to an hour and I'm not up for that anymore. I feel bad but he's just going to have to work it out. He has been relatively pleasant the last couple days and taking two good naps so I don't know why he's having these "fits". Suffice it to say no one is sleeping well in this house including Ludwig! He seems to be wearing down but he's a good little fighter so it may be a bit longer. Morgan hasn't gotten up yet so hopefully he's sleep through this. If not he's just thinking I'm not there so I must be doing something about it. Or like me, he's decided to do nothing also. I had considered doing some banging and thrashing because like Owen, I can't sleep. But I decided it best not to as I would probably knock something loose and cause myself serious harm or worse. Too bad it's now frowned upon to give children a little shot of "something" to help them sleep! Maybe I'll take it for him. At least one of us would be asleep, right?


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

ick, sounds like a hard night. hopefully you all get some really good rest soon. At least you on hit the couch, when I have hard sleep night, I get up and drive to super walmart, something about it keeps me sane.

Tiffany said...

ick, sounds like a hard night all around. hopefully he manages to get through it. Me, when I have a had sleep night, I hit the road and head to super walmart, it's been keeping me sane for yeas.