Monday, August 10, 2009

Thankful for...

M- My mother. She is awesome. And I am super proud of her. She passed her counseling licensure exam.

O- Owen. He's a wonderful boy and I have learned so much being his mama.

N- Neighbors and our neighborhood. We have great neighbors and live in a very nice little neighborhood. While we certainly don't live in a coveted city we have a nice little niche here.

D- A new doctor. So far so good. Although I didn't enjoy having blood drawn today.

A- Answered prayers. Nikki was released from the hospital today. She still needs to go to the clinic everyday but she gets to sleep in her own bed every night and be with her little family. That is most certainly something to be thankful for!

Y- Yard, our yard. I'm thankful that we have a yard big enough for Owen to play in but not so big that we can't take care of it (mostly). And it's a safe yard for Owen too. And has a fence to keep Ludwig in.

I've been quite busy lately. Sewing. Cleaning (trying to keep up with it!). Working. Editing pictures. Enjoying playdates. And I've not had a whole lot to reflect upon to write about. And when that happens I like to just think about what I'm thankful for and all the good things I have in my life. It's always so much nicer than dwelling on the things I want to change or can't change or the things I worry about.

1 comment:

jillconyers said...

Great post Heather. Sometimes we get caught up in what we want to change or worries that we forget the day to day nice things :)