Monday, August 11, 2008

A dollars worth of fun...

Morgan found this little car for Owen yesterday at a garage sale. It was bargain priced at $1! Owen loves cars so it was a dollar well spent. Even if he only drove it once!

He's having a bit of a love/hate relationship with it right now though. The front wheels are a bit wonky and get stuck going sideways so this frustrates him. He gets out, closes the door and flips the car over to align the wheels properly! Then he flips it down and gets back in. He also gets irritated at the bumps in the sidewalk and driveway. He prefers a smooth ride! Today when my sister was here they were outside, Owen in the car, Naunee outside of the car, and Owen got stuck so Naunee asked if he wanted help. Instead of saying "K" or "yes" or "help" he gets out and runs into the house crying to me! So I had to go outside and "show" Naunee how to do it! Sheesh! He's definitely my kid!

Oh, and just to clarify, my agenda for the week is by no means busy. I posted it to show how not busy I am! The things I posted for each day are really the only pressing matters that need to be done and each takes only an hour or two. Except for scrapping on Friday. Which is of course, the highlight!

10 comments:

Heather Bares said...

wow, you got a deal on that one! Both of my girls had one of those cars and loved them.

Benita said...

What a great bargain & he is so cute!

Sarah Coggins said...

What a deal! Too funny about Owen flipping over the car to align the wheels. :D

Linda said...

You did get an awesome deal! Very cute photos!

This is me: Sweet Pete said...

$1!!!! woohoo, that will be the best dollar you ever spent on Owen! Trust me, we found one free for Phoenix years ago and he when he see photos of himself in that car he thinks back on it foundly. =) It's really sweet seeing them so happy. And it was cheaper than a happy meal! =)

Janet said...

Great deal! Ha ha...that's a Cozy Coupe, you know! My DD is 15 and we STILL have hers in the garage! She drove it around so much that we seriously cannot part with it. :-) Now that she wants a car of her own, I tell her that she can drive the Cozy Coupe!! lol

Noelia said...

What a steal! I hope he continues to enjoy it until the end of the summer. Great pics too!

Lily said...

my kids had that same car. Wait tillhe gets a friend together and ecides to ride on top....Tyler still has a scar from that adventure

jillconyers said...

Quite the bargain! We bought the same little coupe for Alec. It was by far his favorite toy! He loved to gather treasures for the little compartment in the back. Riding inside and pushing it LOL

A few years later Alyssa loved it too! I always thought it was one of the best most used toy purchases.

I'm sure I have pics :)

Darcey said...

Owen is adorable in his little car!