Monday, August 20, 2007

DOM Week 33...

This weeks DOM challenge is 10 minutes. Do the card in ten minutes. No theme. Whatever comes to you. I had just finished my workout and put Owen down for a nap. I set my timer. Picked a piece of light blue cardstock and then dug out the pattern papers from my scrap bin. The circle punch was on my table so I punched a few circles and glued them to the edge of the CS. I still didn't have a theme going but then I remembered the page I had torn out of Runner's World. An ad for Asics. My running shoes. So I grabbed that and punched the award circle and glued that on. Then all the water I had drank earlier hit me and I had to run upstairs for a potty break. Whilst in the bathroom I saw my shoes sitting there and decided that would be a good "stamp" for my card. Ran back down with the shoe. Inked the tread and rolled it on the card. It was still a little boring and the picture of the shoe from the ad wouldn't fit and look good so that was no good. Then I remembered reading the insert of Morgan's new shoes (also Asics) which told about the Asics name. It's a latin acronym which translated means " a sound mind in a sound body." I grabbed the insert and cut out the Asics word. Glued it down. Wrote the translation, stamped the date and was done!

15 comments:

Miranda said...

So, did it take 10 minutes or what? And when did you add the flikr? Your so hip and cool!

Miranda said...

See, I'm not hip and cool, I don't know how to spell FLICKR!

Je@net said...

Wow, this is great!! What a cool idea! Love your card!!!!

Marjolein said...

Wow....this is so great!! Love the whole thing about the card, see you run up and down the stairs..... super!!! Love it!

Paula said...

Fabulous. I enjoyed doing just 10 minutes, but then it got me to thinking, if I kept more stuff layed out on my work tale think how many others I could do in say half an hour!!!
They make excellent card toppers.

Michelle said...

! And what a wonderful prompt was that weeks'prompt, don't you think? Take care and have wonderful time at this week!

Deborah said...

Wow, that is great :)

ParentesFantomet said...

That's one funky card, and done in only 10 minutes - who'd a thought?

Jill said...

Neat card! It *is* hard to believe it was only ten minutes! I liked the stamp even before I read, but then I had to wonder - were your shoes really, really clean?!?! How come there's no dirt in the ink? :-)

EquineSpirit said...

Great looking card!! Good job!

Lis said...

Great card, what a cool idea to use your shoe as a stamp!

Tristan said...

Cool idea! Great colors! Love it!

Lynn said...

Great job on this DOM card! I was wondering what the blue "stamp" was, lol. Great idea and love the saying. You go girl!

Jenny said...

Great card and idea!

Elizabeth said...

Cool use of your shoes!