and some days you're the bug. Here's a little list of the events that transpired today:
- Owen threw a fit this morning because his Cheetoes were gone. (I guess he had some leftover from dinner last night but he left them on the table and Morgan ate them.)
- Owen let himself outside through the front breezeway door. Buck naked. He told me his puppy was watching him and keeping him safe. (Right. Ludwig is NOT a watch dog. Well, he is. But only because he watches things happen.)
- During our hike with friends at the bog Owen threw a huge fit because his feet got wet. Yup. In a bog. Where there is water. Which he saw and stepped in. You would have though something had bit his feet off at the ankles by the way he carried on. I just walked past him. I know, I'm such a sympathetic mama.
- While we were sitting outside this afternoon with my mom, who stopped to visit, a bird shit on me. The whole world is their latrine and one of them chooses to shit right on my shoulder.
- After my mom left I took O into the bathroom to use the potty and he peed on the floor because he was not aiming. He likes to pee hands free and evidently his penis was stuck in the down position. Those penises cause more problems.
- Before getting ready for bed Owen threw up on the carpet in the living room.
Bright spots in my day:
- When my friend Carrie called this morning and heard Owen screaming in the background (about not having Cheetoes) she asked if I needed to come over. A friend without children would have hung up.
- Hiking with Carrie & Kim and their boys. Because the melt down in the bog would have been worse if it was just me and Owen. Seeing all our boys with sticks in nature. So fun.
- Carrie (our neighbor) calling to see if Owen wanted to come down and play with her son. Which he was thrilled to do. And I got to come back home and take a nap.
- Morgan getting Owen ready for bed while I put dishes in the dishwasher. Not my favorite activity but there were no tears involved in it.
- Mimi stopping by to visit. (And witnessing the bird incident)
- A diet coke with fresh lime.
- The sunshine and warm temps.
(P.S. Normally I proof my posts for typos and poor grammar. I'm tired. I'm not doing it tonight. If there are errors that's too bad. I'm not perfect, I make mistakes. And chances are, so do you.)