Sunday, February 14, 2010

Frosty morning...

Saturday we woke to beautiful sparkly snow that only happens a few times in the winter. The trees and bushes and fences were all covered with it. Owen and I traipsed around the yard for almost an hour taking pictures. Here are a few of the images I captured.
I am a little bit obsessed with snowflakes. Images of them anyway. I love the work of Wilson Bentley. Although I'm not as obsessed as he was. And I like to capture them in a natural environment rather than individual flakes.


After I was done taking pictures of the snow he let me chase him around and take pictures of him. He usually holds still for about 2 and then it's a crap shoot as to whether I'll get anymore. Although it's blurry, the last one was my favorite.

6 comments:

Marlene said...

Wow! Those have got to be the most detailed snowflake photos I've ever seen. Amazing!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! The shot of the snowflakes is spectacular!

jillconyers said...

Awesome photos Heather! My snowflake photos are getting better but not great. And it's not like we've had a shortage of snow for me to practice LOL

emily said...

Again...I am SOOO impressed by the snowflakes you captured. Amazing. Makes you feel appreciative of the smallest things....beautiful.

Tracy said...

Love your photos.
I'm going to have to share your blog with my daughter. She loves photography and macro photos.

Emily said...

Beautiful! Love how you got the details of the snowflakes! :D