Friday, May 29, 2009

It's not all roses...

I used Owen's napping picture to create this layout. The prompt at Gutter Girlz for May 15th was "It's not all roses". And that made me think of being a mama. (If you click the images they will appear larger.)
The title words were created with diecuts from the cricut, foam stamps, and rub-ons. The "NOT" is stickled in brown.
Here you can read the journaling better. The heart is cut from a dark red felt with my old sizzix. I still LOVE that big red beast!
This is one of my favorite parts of the layout. The white dots are from a piece of bubble wrap that I pressed onto my white ink pad and then the paper.

When I showed Morgan the layout he said, "I think this is one of the best ones you've ever done." Wow! Quite the praise coming from my man!

4 comments:

Glenda T. said...

I love the pic and honest journaling, it's so true!! THanks for rolling in the gutter with us!

Nikki said...

Beautiful, beautiful page! What a cool photo! Thanks for playing along!

Becky said...

This is amazing!!!!

emily said...

I lOVE this layout...the design, the embellishments and most especially the honesty! The journaling is the best part....so honest and real.