Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cleaning...

I think I've mentioned before that I enjoy cleaning. It's therapeutic for me. I like things in order and clean and tidy. I like to know where everything is. I don't like to search for things. It took me awhile (and some therapy) to learn that people have different tolerance levels for messes. Morgan and I have different tolerances. When I cook I clean up as I go along. Morgan doesn't. He claims it's because he's in a hurry. But I think it's just not how he works.

Most days I spend a lot of time putting things back where they belong. My stuff, Morgan's stuff, Owen's stuff. All the stuff. I'm the one who knows where the stuff is. Or at least I'm the one who is always asked where things are. "Have you seen my keys?" "Have you seen my wallet?" "Have you seen my phone?" "Have you seen my shoes?" I rarely have to ask these questions because I KNOW where my stuff is! I keep telling Morgan to put his stuff in the same place so then he knows where it is. Sometimes he does, lots of time he doesn't. And I'm always accused of moving it! And sometimes I do. Because I think shoes should go in the closet! Silly me!

Anyway, yesterday I had the kitchen nice and clean. Dishes done and put away. Counters and table wiped up. Floor swept. Then I went to work. When I came home all my efforts were undone. I think Morgan has a subconscious (or not) desire to foil all my cleaning! He did wash up the dishes he used and sort of wipe the counters. But as I mentioned we have different ideas about what is clean and I have work to do.

I tend to be a little obsessive at times about the state of our house. This week is one of those times. Other weeks I can let things go a bit. But lately that's not the case. So today I'm tidying up and obsessing about germs. Lucky me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY get what you're talking about except this last week has been brutal for me. I have no energy to clean and the mess has been accumulating and now I'm overwhelmed, there's so much to do!