Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Hump day...

This seems to be a long week. Maybe it's the detox or just my general apathy about life lately. Morgan has been very busy at work and a volunteer gig this week and that makes for long days for me. Owen hadn't seen him for almost two whole days until yesterday evening. He had been asleep when Morgan went to work and when he came home on Monday and Tuesday. Although we went and had dinner with him last night. This morning he went in to peek at Owen before he left. Morgan is not a quiet person so he basically woke Owen up. I was a bit irritated because we don't wake sleeping babies here unless it's absolutely necessary. And in my opinion it wasn't. But he gave him breakfast and changed his diaper and got to spend a little time with him. He will be home with him tonight too. I think Owen will be happy about that. We are pretty regular and consistent around here in terms of routine and schedules so when things are off a bit Owen notices. He's been a little clingy the last few days. Monday my mom and sister took care of him while I worked and he was very happy to see me when I got home. Which is a little unusual.

The detox is going well. I've actually lost 6 pounds. I'm not bloated or puffy at all. A bit tired though. I've not had any headaches either. That is a huge deal for me. And I'm halfway through the week! I've had to be creative with my vegetables which is difficult since I'm not a good cook. I woke up yesterday morning in a panic from a dream where I was eating the best mashed potatoes ever! I was so upset in the dream because I realized I wasn't supposed to be eating them and I'd ruined my detox! It figures I'd have a dream about potatoes. I love them regardless of how they are prepared!

And now I must go because the daycare lady behind us has her screaming herd outside and they have woken Owen up! Somedays I just want to yell at her "THANKS! THANKS ALOT!" And who takes kids outside at 10am when it's only 9˚ anyway?!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably someone who doesn't want the herd in the house..

Maureen said...

Glad your Detox is going well for you.

Sorry your neighbor woke Owen up. No fun when they get woke up

Noelia said...

Glad to hear that your detox is going well. I would probably get headaches...I get headaches when I eat salads and fruits and healthy stuff...what the heck is wrong with me? LOL! Seriously, it's great that you're not getting any headaches and that you're feeling good.