Friday, January 22, 2010

A new project...

I have been pondering a new project for 2010. Well, that's not entirely accurate. I haven't been pondering a specific idea but rather the idea to have a project for 2010. And I was at a loss. I don't like the pressure of 365 days of photos. Until today I haven't taken any pictures yet this year. Very uncharacteristic of me. I wasn't sure I wanted it to be photo, craft or both related. Or if it should include some goals. I have enough goals though. Eventually it just moved to the back room of my mind and I hadn't been giving it much thought at all lately.

However, today while we were baking chocolate chip cookies, and I was compelled to get out my camera and photograph my beautiful creation, it came to me!!

This year I'm going to amass a collection of images representing love. And now you may be wondering "hmm, what would that look like?". And that's just it. I don't know. Hence the idea. today it was the chocolate chip cookies. I love them. They turned out perfect. I loved the time Owen and I spent making them together. I love eating them. We put love into them while we were baking them.

Some people may disagree with me and say you can't love *things*. And I'm fine with that. Disagree all you want. I don't care. Love IS an expression. I get that. And I can see that. And hopefully I will photograph it. But love is also how you feel inside. When you eat that warm gooey chocolate chip cookie (that maybe someone who loves you made). When you slip your feet into your most comfortable pair of shoes (that you loved yourself enough to splurge on).

My point is, love really IS all around us. (Thank you Love Actually, I love you too!) And this year I want to make a point of capturing it and documenting it and showing it to others. Our world needs more images of love. It's rather intangible at times and I think if people can see it then maybe they can feel it more.

For today, here are the cookies. LOVE THEM!


2 comments:

emily said...

That is a GREAT idea! And I agree with you whole-heartedly. Those things can and do represent love! Comfort, warmth, appreciation...all add up to love :)

jillconyers said...

Heather that is a great idea and I agree about loving "things"! Can't wait to see more :)