Thursday, October 26, 2006

Today's challenge...

besides a cranky baby! If you could open a door to anywhere, where would you go???

I didn't really even have to think twice about this. My grandparents house. Wherever it is now. Where ever they are now. I'd got visit them. There is rarely a day that does by that I don't think about them and miss them. I only knew one set of grandparents growing up and I guess that made them extra special. So, that's where I would go. Just to visit. Say I missed them. See how they were.

Last night Morgan and I had a date. We went to a benefit performace by Garrison Keillor at Anoka High School. It was a great show. I took a few pictures but they didn't turn out. I am not able to keep the camera steady in a dark auditorium! There were also other performers. One group in particular was really good. They are Flaming Seamus. You can read more about them here. They are 4 teenage boys, Juniors, and they play Irish music. They've been playing together for 2 years. They were just really good. I think it's so cool when kids find something they are passionate about and get together and do something like this. It was a fun night. Morgan really enjoys Garrison Keillor but we've never gone to see him at the Fitz. We tried to get rush tickets one time but it didn't happen. I think this was better than going to see A Prairie Home Companion because we didn't have to drive over to St. Paul or pay to park! And the tickets were cheaper. They were actually our birthday present from my mom. So it was fun.

Okay. I'm off to try and finish these birthday gifts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a wonderful answer to the 2peas challenge. i would say that i would probably do that too.

Anonymous said...

Loved your answer. So heartfelt. I feel the same way about my grandma. Dana