Monday, October 03, 2016

Oh Look! It's still here...

After 2 1/2 years my blog is still here! A quick recap of the last 2 1/2 years.

I worked full-time.

Six weeks ago I decided that was not working out. So I quit. I know it sounds impulsive. I know LOTS of people work full-time and raise way more kids than I have. However, I left teaching (10 years ago) to stay home with Owen. But I always worked some. The older he got and the more he was in school the more I worked. In 2014 I was presented the opportunity to move into a new role at work and I took it. But it turned out to be more (time) than and less (fulfillment) than I wanted. It was a hard decision. I worked for a great company and with great people, who I miss a lot. But I have not regretted one bit, the decision to leave.

I now am able to be here to walk Owen to school and be here when he gets home. I am going to be doing some substitute teaching in the district we live in, at Owen's school when there is available spots. And some other odd jobs for friends.

I am also going to try and help my sister take care of my mom. She was diagnosed several years ago with Corticobasal Degeneration. Or Primary Progressive Aphasia. She's been to see a couple of neurologists and I'd venture a guess that if we took her to another there would be another diagnosis. Diseases of the brain that are not cancer are difficult to diagnose. Only recently has a blood test been developed to detect Alzheimer's. But that doesn't work for the type of disease my mom is experiencing. She's 63. I'll just leave that to sit for now. It's as shitty as you imagine it to be.

I think that's enough writing for today. It's a start. 

No comments: